Ways to Fun-up Relationships
- Smile at each other when you first wake up.
- Exaggerate your affection for each other. Make everything bigger than it is and add a dash of silliness. For example: Holler “I love you;” speak of your undying love in terms the universe; or romantically describe each other’s eyes with over-the-top comparisons, such as blue as the deep blue sea, green as a rajah’s emeralds.
- Laugh together at the funny things seen and experienced on a daily basis.
- Go on a spur-of-the-moment picnic.
- Dance together in the living room, in the parking lot, on the street or in the mall.
- Read to each other before you go to sleep at night.
- Cuddle up together on the couch when you watch TV.
- Find some time during the day to enjoy a long passionate, romantic kiss.
- Walk together holding hands, and swing those hands.
- Share at least one bit of humor each day.
- Tell each other the good things about one another.
- Make a special time each day to laugh and talk for just the two of you.
- Practice hanging out together over a cup of coffee or glass of wine.
- Develop lots of different, playful ways to say, “I love you.” You might, for instance, use different accents or languages; make a banner for the living room; create a card; or write it on the mirror in lipstick.
- Use your imagination to develop playful greetings for each other, like a dramatic hug, enthusiastic joy at seeing each other and overdone messages about missing each other.